Sunday, December 18, 2011

Lessons from Madame Chic


I loved everything about this book, in which the author recounts her time spent with an aristocratic Parisian family and details the fabulous lessons learned from them, and others she came into contact with during her time spent in France.

Jennifer has a friendly conversational tone of writing that makes you feel instantly pulled into her circle of girlfriends. Often I felt I was having a cup of tea and a chat with her.

I, along with many others followed Jennifer’s blog series The Top 20 Things I Learned in Paris. This book carries on with these lessons and goes more in depth. There are also many new stories about her time in Paris..

From her writing, both in this book and on her blog, The Daily Connoisseur, I sense that Jennifer is an elegant and gentle person. It was a pleasure to get to know her better through her first book Lessons from Madame Chic. I really hope there are others.

I certainly picked up many tips to elevate my day-to-day life to that of art. We may not all be French aristocracy, but that doesn’t mean we don’t want to live beautifully, every single day of our life.

Thank you Jennifer for writing this fun and well-designed book. It will keep Paris alive in my head and rightly deserves a prime spot on my French Chic bookshelf.

Disclosure: Jennifer kindly emailed and asked me if I would like a copy of Lessons from Madame Chic sent to me to review. Yes please! And thank you!

Additional note: Our rescue-cat Jessica published this review post when it was only half finished so I apologise on her behalf if you received it incomplete.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Fiona, I have recently downloaded this book to my kindle! I'm saving it to read when the Christmas mayhem gets too much. Sounds like Miss Jessica wants her own blog!Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sulky kitten, I think she's hinting about us getting her a cat-top for Christmas. That's a laptop for cats in case you didn't know. Cheesy, yes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this book on my Xmas list!
    Jessica must be quite clever to post on your blog :)

    Pepper has taken to lying beside my laptop when I type
    so I'll be careful, our rescue cats are smart.

    Sending you warm wishes for a Happy Holiday Season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great, wasn't it? I am glad that you enjoyed it and find it hilarious that Jessica was as enthusiastic as you were. ; ). ~~Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a great book, I just finished it last night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems I am the only person who hasn't heard of this book. I am off to check it out now. Thank you Fiona for your recommendation xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have it on my Wish List, Fiona. It sounds like it will be a wonderful read, even for an "old gal" like me! My kitties and I wish Jessica and you and yours a very Merry Christmas! Bess

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just finished this book. I downloaded it to my ipad. I loved it and am thinking of buying several copies for my teenage nieces. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure I would love this book - one to add to my must-read list- Thanks!
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Fiona, thank you so much for adding me to your blog roll! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I downloaded this book to my kindle at your recommendation and just finished reading it yesterday. So good! Thank you for my frothy winter fun.

    ReplyDelete

Merci for your comment. Wishing you a chic day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...